This course is designed for riders who already have a good understanding of Motorcycle Roadcraft and the System of Motorcycle Control, so a pre-requisite for taking this course is either:
- Completion of our Advanced Riding Foundation course to ERS standard
- Completion of the DVSA Enhanced Rider Scheme with a registered ERS Trainer
- Hold an IAM Roadsmart Advanced Riding qualification
- Hold a RoSPA Advanced Riding qualification (Bronze, Silver or Gold)
The course consists of 2.5 days riding in a variety of road and traffic situations with specific focus on perfecting the use of the System to common riding scenarios, as follows:
- Busy urban environments, including overtaking and filtering, and slow-riding control
- Rural environments, including dealing with bends and corners, and overtaking
- Dual-carriageways and Motorways, including riding at high speed, advanced observation and planning
The 2 full days are split and arranged at least a week apart to allow for practice in between sessions. An additional half-day will be arranged at least a week after the second day for a final review and recap, and this will conclude with recommendations for ongoing development.
The following DVSA Enhanced Rider Scheme modules are covered by this course:
- Structured planned approach to riding (recap)
- Defensive riding and hazard awareness (recap)
- Slow control (recap)
- Progress and use of speed (advanced)
- Developing the correct rider attitude (advanced – focus on self-analysis techniques)
- Bends and corners (advanced)
- Overtaking and Filtering (advanced)
- Dual-carriageways and Motorways (advanced)
At the end of this course, you will be equipped with all the skills and knowledge required to take your riding to RoSPA Gold / IAM Masters standard. Note that achieving these standards requires significant practice and cannot be expected to be achieved in just two days!
The cost of this 2.5day course is : £399
To book, please email email@example.com or call Paul on 07747 761059.