This unique course is delivered by our Chief Instructor, who is also a professional tour / expedition leader for Globebusters, the world’s best adventure riding tour company!
A full day course, it covers both the knowledge and skills required to get the most from touring by motorcycle and includes a great many tips from our Chief Instructor’s many years of travelling!
It is a mix of theory and practice (4 hours theory, 2 hours riding) – and if you plan on touring with a pillion then you will both be taught how you can ensure you both enjoy the experience!
You will get more from this course if you have already completed our Advanced Riding Foundation course, or have already completed another advanced riding course, such as IAM or RoSPA.
Covered topics include:
- Preparing to Tour
- Preparing yourself
- Preparing your bike
- Planning a route
- What to take and how to pack it
- Legal and Documentation considerations
- Self-guided and/or organised tours – which is best for you and why?
- On the Tour
- Navigation and GPS / SatNav tips and techniques
- Riding abroad – Europe and beyond!
- Staying alert and healthy
- Riding Skills
- Manual handling
- Slow control – loaded with luggage and pillion
- Riding with a passenger – rider and pillion skills
- Riding in a Group
This course covers the following additional modules of the DVSA’s Enhanced Rider Scheme:
- Carrying a passenger or load
- Riding abroad (theory only)
- Group riding
- Mobile phones, GPS, sat nav and Bluetooth
The cost for this 1-day course is : £190
To book, please email email@example.com or call Paul on 07747 761059.