Thursday 22nd to Monday 26th June 2023
This epic 5-day Advanced Riding Training Tour takes in some of the most spectacular roads and scenery Scotland has to offer, including the infamous Bealach na Bà – the pass to Applecross (pictured above).
The basic outline of the route is as follows:
Day 1 : after meeting up for breakfast in Hawes, we continue our ride north on a mix of A and B roads through the stunning scenery of the Yorkshire Dales and North Penines and into Scotland to our overnight stop at the Fairfield House Hotel in Ayr.
Day 2 : we leave Ayr and head further north, island-hopping on a couple of ferries as we make our way along the beautiful coast to our overnight stop near Mallaig (either Morar Hotel or Lochairlort Inn)
Day 3 : an early start allows us to catch the ferry to the Isle of Skye, before we return to the mainland and make our way up the stunning west coast, for lunch at Applecross having crossed the infamous “Pass of the Cattle”. In the afternoon we ride on part of the NC500 to our overnight stop at the Royal Hotel in Ullapool
Day 4 : another fantastic day’s riding will take us across Scotland and through the Cairngorms National Park before we reach our final overnight stop at the Leapark Hotel in Grangemouth
Day 5 : our last day’s ride is just as spectacular as we ride south via Northumberland National Park, Kielder Forest, the North Penines Area of Outstanding National Beauty and North Yorkshire Dales National Park. Our final debrief will be in Masham, near Ripon, before we head for home.
To help you get the most from the Training Tour, we hold a short ‘classroom’ session prior to each day’s riding, with the focus on how to apply advanced riding techniques to the roads you will encounter. During each day our qualified advanced riding instructor will be on hand to observe your riding and to provide you with individual advice and guidance to help you further improve your riding.
Included in the Scotland Highlands and Islands Training Tour:
- Daily Route Notes including points of interest and location of regroup points
- GPS route files (a GPS is recommended but not essential)
- Daily pre-ride training briefing
- At least three 1:1 individual coaching session with our qualified advanced riding instructor, with the focus on helping you become a smoother, safer, more confident rider
- Daily post-ride briefing
- 4 nights accommodation on a bed & breakfast basis
- Individual post trip Rider Report
- Services of our qualified advanced riding instructor throughout the training tour
- Single rider, single room – £800
- Single rider, shared room – £575
- Rider and pillion, shared room – £800
Places are strictly limited (max group size 8 bikes), so contact us by email to email@example.com or call Paul on 07747 761059 now to secure your place now!
Note: A deposit of £100 is required to secure a place. In the unlikely event that we are unable to run the tour this will be refunded in full.